Have you noticed a drop in your water pressure recently? Has your water bill been creeping higher and you don’t know why? You may have a hidden leak. Unlike the obvious leaks that spring up when a pipe breaks, hidden leaks take a long time to recognize and can cause untold amounts of damage before they’re found.
If you see any of the following signs, call D.R. Jordan for leak detection services immediately:
- Increased water bill
- Constantly ticking water meter
- Moldy, mildewy scent
- Visible wet spots
- Brown or discolored water
The sooner you call our master plumbers, the sooner we can find the leak and repair it. A leak can only get worse over time, which can end up costing you more money and more damage.
Call for Leak Detection & Repair Now!
D.R. Jordan will find your leaks and repair them before they become a massive and costly problem. Call us now at (704) 451-0818.
Why Choose Us for Leak Detection
With over 20 years of plumbing experience, D.R. Jordan is the trusted name in leak detection and repair in the Charlotte area. Our master plumbers are available 24 hours a day to meet your leak repair needs, so whether you’re noticing signs of a hidden leak or a geyser has formed in your kitchen sink, you can count on us to diagnose and fix your problem quickly and reliably.
Common Causes of Corrosion
Hidden leaks are most commonly caused by corrosion in your pipes. There are several factors that can lead to pipe corrosion, including:
- pH of your water—an unbalanced pH can corrode your pipes and lead to pinhole leaks.
- Water velocity—common in closed loop water systems; high water velocity leads to erosion in your pipes.
- Oxidation—common in open water systems; oxygenated water causes oxidation (or rust).
- Water temperature—common in open water systems; higher water temperatures speed up the oxidation process in your pipes.